As time passes, technology is enhancing daily, and newer generations of processors are being released one after the other. The Intel Core i5 12400 is one of such processors from 12th-generation processors to get the most out of your PC. But you must choose a perfect motherboard for this chip when building a PC for gaming or work purposes. A motherboard, compatible with all other components, can increase performance by working with several hardware peripherals. You can achieve maximum performance if you make a wise choice while selecting a mobo.
But finding a good-quality motherboard isn’t easy since there are tens of motherboards from multiple brands in the market. You may have to spend hours finding such a motherboard. Therefore, we have tested as many motherboards as possible but added and reviewed the top-tier once in this post. In addition, we have added a short but in-depth buying guide for those users to help you understand all crucial aspects of hunting a suitable masterpiece. Read the buying guide section, check the list, and explore the product reviews in this post. Let’s explore!
Quick Shopping Tips
The motherboard is like a ground for PC elements to work together, and a motherboard is also responsible for which components can be upgraded with time. Before buying a motherboard, you need to know about some essential factors.
CPU socket: If you buy a motherboard for your higher-generation CPU, then you should also know about CPU sockets. Every motherboard is designed for a particular processor; it’s not possible that a motherboard can hold all kinds of processors. These slots are a source of connection between processors and motherboards. Intel’s i5 12400 is compatible with LGA 1700 Socket, and this socket could also hold Intel’s 13th gen-processors. Motherboards apart from this socket will not be compatible with Intel’s 12th-generation processor.
Form Factor: This should also be focused because every motherboard comes in different sizes. Each ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ATX, or Extended ATX size has its benefits, like more RAM or M2 slots. You only need to configure your usage according to which you build your PC by managing all specifications. Most gamers use smaller form factors, but the most commonly used size is ATX. We prefer you to make your own choice since you’ll be with your PC, not the others.
Chipset: Chipset is an integrated data management system that is prebuilt and soldered on the mobo that controls data transmission within the various components of the PC. Motherboards containing good chipsets like B550, B660, or above provide better work and gaming experience. These chipsets motherboards support the 12th generation and are quite affordable, but if you want higher chipsets, you’ll need to spend more bucks. So we suggest you become sharp in this selection.
Connectivity: This also deserves equal attention, like all the other factors, since the latest motherboards provide high-speed ports like SATA and power connectors for fast data transformation and connectivity of peripherals. There are serial & parallel ports to connect monitors, and USB ports are in different varieties like 3.0, 3.1, and 4 for image sources and external devices. If your motherboard does not have enough capabilities to tackle all the management, it’ll damage the hardware or may cause overheating and restarting your PC.
RAM: The RAM, also called the primary memory, is answerable for running games and other applications. If you make a gaming PC, you must have at least 8GB to 12GB RAM to get a smoother gaming experience. The latest motherboards support DDR4 RAMs or above RAMs, which means a faster data-traveling system that enhances your PC’s performance. This should also be kept in mind while selecting a motherboard for your PC.
Best Motherboard for i5 12400 Summary
|ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming Wifi||See Pricing|
|ASRock B660M Phantom Gaming 4||See Pricing|
|GIGABYTE B660M DS3H AX||See Pricing|
|ASUS Prime B660-Plus D4||See Pricing|
|ASUS Prime H670-Plus D4||See Pricing|
|MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi ProSeries||See Pricing|
The Best Motherboards for i5 12400
Brand: ASUS | Series: ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI | Chipset: Intel Z690 | Socket: LGA 1700 | Form Factor: ATX | Memory Architecture: Dual-channel | Memory Slots: 4 DIMMs | Memory Size: 128GB DDR5 | Memory Speed: 6400 MHz | Onboard WiFi: Intel WiFI 6E 802.11ax | Bluetooth: Bluetooth v5.2 | LAN Ethernet: ASUS 2.5GbE with LANGuard | SATA ports: 6 SATA3 Gbps | Power design: 18 + 1 90A Power Stages
REASONS TO BUY
✓ Impressive performance
✓ Lot of VRMs for jaw-dropping CPU overclocking
✓ Several USB connectors
✓ BIOS flashback function
✓ All-rounder connectivity
✓ WiFi, BT v5.2, 2.5Gb LAN
REASONS TO AVOID
✗ Non-competitive pricing
The ASUS Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi is one of the latest and least expensive motherboards in the upper mid-range Z690 segment. It has the LGA 1700 socket to accommodate Intel’s latest processors. Being the latest motherboard, it comes with several mind-blowing features to top everything in most performance aspects. Its top-notch power delivery design, extensive storage accommodation, and all-rounder communication are one of these features.
Why we should choose the ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi?
First, many things, including appearance and features, have been changed over the previous-generation Z590-E Gaming motherboard. This way, we have observed an enormous performance and other improvements over the previous motherboard. Regarding impressive features, this motherboard has PCIe 5.0 support and an 18+1 power phase design with 90A MOSFETs that are way better than the 14 phases in the Z590 version.
Other than that, those who want enormous storage can use five M.2 sockets to expand their PC storage. The audio quality is also improved with the ROG SupremeFX 7.1 high-definition Audio Codec ALC4080 controller. I don’t think that ASUS has missed anything in this masterpiece. There are a whopping twelve USB ports on the rear panel, WiFi 6E, Bluetooth v5.2, Intel 2.5Gb Ethernet support, and more for connectivity and networking purposes.
What benefits does the ASUS Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi give to its users?
- All-rounder connectivity and networking: This motherboard has pretty much every connectivity option that a user would need; WiFi 6E, BT v5.2, all-type USB ports, and more. You can use 2.5Gb Ethernet if you don’t want to use WiFi.
- Crystal-clear audio: It comes with the latest ROF audio controller, ALC4080, to give a crystal-clear audio quality. This way, you can enjoy listening to the multimedia and even improve your gaming performance by better locating your targets in the games.
- Excellent power delivery design: Compared to the previous Z590 Gaming version with a 14-phase design, this Z690 Gaming comes with 18+1 power phases supported by 90A power stages. You will enjoy overclocking while playing games.
- Great storage expansion options: Most of the time, content creators need the most data storage facility to store their project, multimedia files, and other data. This motherboard lets you expand the storage via its five M.2 sockets to a massive limit.
The ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming is one of the top-tier Z690 motherboards for gamers, content creators, and high-end users. You can use BIOS flashback to easily upgrade to an Intel 13th Gen processor without needing CPU or RAM. Unlike a few motherboards on the list, this has lots of USB ports to connect external peripherals, a large number of VRMs for extreme CPU overclocking, a facility to expand storage using five M.2 sockets, and more.
Brand: ASRock | Series: Phantom Gaming 4 | Chipset: Intel B660 | Socket: LGA 1700 | Form Factor: Micro ATX | Memory Architecture: Dual-channel | Memory Slots: 4 DDR4 DIMMs | Memory Size: 128GB DDR4 | Memory Speed: 5333+ MHz | Onboard WiFi: Not Included | Bluetooth: Not Included | LAN Ethernet: RJ-45 LAN chip | SATA ports: 4 SATA3 | Power design: 8 power phases
REASONS TO BUY
✓ Excellent value for the money
✓ Great entry-level B660 motherboard
✓ Two Hyper M.2 PCIe 4.0 slots
✓ Has M.2 Key-E for e-WiFi
REASONS TO AVOID
✗ Pricier than the B660M DS3H AX
✗ Lacks onboard WiFiss
The next motherboard on the list is from ASRock, a Taiwanese manufacturer known for creating all types of PCs, motherboards, and other tech-related products. We have already reviewed the previous-generations B560M Pro 4 motherboard in many of the posts for Intel’s 10th and 11th generation processors. But this time, we have the ASRock B660M Phantom Gaming 4 to give an affordable mobo to users with micro-ATX form factors and other plus points.
Why should we choose the ASRock B660M Phantom Gaming 4?
We’ll start by comparing the B660M Phantom Gaming 4 with the previous B560M Pro 4 to better understand what the brand has improved. First, there is the same dual-channel memory support to accommodate up to 128GB DDR4 RAM. But the top memory speed increased from 4800+ MHz from the older board to 5333+ in this one, like most of the others B660 motherboards on the list. Again, the XMP 2.0 feature is added to better overclock the memory speed.
Although there are PCIe 3.0/4.0 connectors, four SATA 3.0 ports, two Hyper M.2 PCIe 4.0 expansion slots, and twelve USB ports, the lack of onboard WiFi and Bluetooth isn’t good news. You must use wired connectivity options to connect different peripherals until you use the single M.2 Key-E and connect an external WiFi module. Although the 8-phase power design is suitable for a micro-ATX motherbaord, it’s as good as the Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX.
What benefit does the ASRock B660M Phantom Gaming 4 give its users?
- Affordable pricing: The affordable pricing of this motherboard is one of the reasons this is on the current list. It is available below $150, despite being a suitable motherboard for Intel’s 12th and 13th-generation processors with up to 5333+ MHz memory speed.
- Two Hyper M.2 PCIe 4.0 slots: This mobo has two Hyper M.2 PCIe 4.0 expansion slots to get faster data flow from NVMe SSDs, graphics cards, and RAID cards. Although it’s not as good as the Z600 series boards but good for such an affordable product.
- Compact form factor: Another benefit of this motherbaord is that it will let you build a compact computer with its micro ATX motherboard. You can follow the trend of building smaller computers if you purchase this motherboard without spending much.
The ASRock B660M Phantom Gaming 4 is a good-quality pricing-cutting solution to build a compact PC around Intel’s 12th-generation processor. Although it can accommodate 13-gen chips, it’s not recommended since it may limit the CPU’s performance. It also lacks onboard WiFi, but you can use M.2 Key-E to connect an external WiFi module. It’s recommended to buy only if the Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX is out of stock at this price point.
Brand: Gigabyte | Series: B600 | Chipset: Intel B660 | Socket: LGA 1700 | Form Factor: micro ATX | Memory Architecture: Dual-channel | Memory Slots: 4 DIMMs | Memory Size: 128GB DDR4 | Memory Speed: 5330 MHz | Onboard WiFi: Intel Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax | Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2 | LAN Ethernet: 2.5GbE LAN chip | SATA ports: 4 SATA3 | Power design: 6+2+1 Hybrid Digital VRM design
REASONS TO BUY
✓ Value for the money
✓ Great memory overclocking
✓ Excellent permanence in B660
REASONS TO AVOID
✗ Aesthetics could be better
✗ Lesser USB port on rear
Gigabyte is a Taiwanese computer hardware assembling company, top-rated for motherboards, and we hear this famous name from every second person nowadays. The B660M DS3H AX is a perfect affordable mobo by Gigabyte. It’s a better option since it is less pricey than other boards and produces an impressive performance of 3200 MHz, omitting to overclock. It’s specially designed for gaming purposes and can also work with AMD Ryzen’s Processors.
Why should we choose the Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX?
This motherboard has Bluetooth 5.2 and wifi 6 802.11ax for wireless usage, and its wifi connection is very effective, like a Cat6 Ethernet. It covers dual channel DDR4, 4 DIMMs, the 2nd Gen Type-C USB 3.2 ports, 4X SATA3, 1 HDMI, and 2 DisplayPort video connectors for connectivity and expansion purposes. This board is also durable and can easily control the other peripherals. This board has an excellent system for placing the wires in order.
This motherboard comes with a 6 + 2 + 1 hybrid digital VRM design with a 4.0 printed circuit board that looks cool and helps the board efficiently circulate the power between the system. Other than that, the MOS heatsinks with an excellent thermal design keep the motherboard cool during heavy usage and pressure. Moreover, it has an attractive design, a perfect cooling environment, and powerful conductivity phases for high-end performance.
What benefits does the Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX give to its users?
- All-rounder connectivity: First thing that you’ll notice about this motherboard is its all-rounder connectivity. It comes with all types of wired connectivity options like all-type USB ports, video ports, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, and more.
- Compact design but excellent performance: The B660M DS3H is a compact motherbaord with a micro ATX form factor but also excellent performance in the B600 category. In short, this board will let you build a compact PC without compromising the performance
- PCIe 4.0 M.2 support and overclocking: Another noticeable factor of this motherboard is its PCIe 4.0 M.2 support. This way, you can achieve the fastest data flow rates. Also, this motherboard can handle jaw-dropping overclocking too.
- Value for the money: Although this motherboard is not the Gigabyte’s cheapest motherboard in the B660 category, this has an appealing value for the investment. In short, if you want a full bang for your buck, this board is for you.
The Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX is a perfect budget-friendly motherboard for those users who want to save some bucks without compromising performance. This motherboard has several benefits, including PCIe Gen 4 M.2 support, all-rounder connectivity with WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2, and excellent value for the money. But it has some drawbacks too. There aren’t many USB ports on the rear panel, plus the overall design could be improved.
Brand: ASUS | Series: Prime B600-Plus | Chipset: Intel Z660 | Socket: LGA 1700 | Form Factor: ATX | Memory Architecture: Dual-channel | Memory Slots: 4 DDR4 DIMMs | Memory Size: 128GB DDR4 | Memory Speed: 5066 MHz | Onboard WiFi: Not included | Bluetooth: Not included | LAN Ethernet: Realtek 2.5Gb Ethernet | SATA ports: 4 SATA3 | Power design: 8 Phase Power Design
REASONS TO BUY
✓ Affordable ATX mobo
✓ Memory overclocking with XMP 2.0
✓ Good for Intel 12th Gen CPUs
✓ Thirteen USB connectors
✓ PCIe 4.0 M.2 for expansion
REASONS TO AVOID
✗ Lacks WiFi
The next motherboard on the list is the ASUS Prime B660-Plus D4 with a mid-range price but several upper-class features. For your information, the closest micro-ATX alternative to this ATX motherboard is the ASRock B660M Phantom Gaming 4 (also on the list) with the exact same price, power design, and many other features, but in a different size. Coming back, the Price B660-Plus is a perfect ATX budget choice for Intel 12th Gen processors.
Why should we choose the ASUS Prime B660-Plus D4?
Although this is a budget-friendly mid-range mother circuit, it has many impressive features to win users’ hearts. It can effectively overclock up to 128GB DDR4 RAM with a top memory speed of 5066MHz via its XMP 2.0 overclocking features. Other than the memory overclocking, this motherboard comes with PCIe 4.0 support and 4th-generation M.2 SSD mounting support to give the fastest data transfer speeds and significantly better efficiencies.
There are six USB ports on the rear panel and seven headers on the front panel. Other worth mentioning connectivity features include one HDMI and one DisplayPort video connector. Although it lacks WiFi and Bluetooth like the ASRock B660M Phantom Gaming 4, you can use M.2 Key-E slot to connect an external WiFi module and enjoy wireless communications. The design isn’t that attractive, but you may like the black and grey combination.
What benefit does the ASUS Prime B660-Plus D4 give to its users?
- Affordable ATX motherboard: The first thing that catches my attention is that this is the most affordable ATX motherboard on the list. It’s available at a price of micro ATX B660 motherboards with even better performance, memory overclocking, and more.
- 13 USB ports: There are thirteen USB connectors on the rear and front panels. The front panel has 1x USB 3.2 Type-C, three USB 3.2 Type-a, and one USB 2.0 port. The rear panel has one USB 3.2 1.0 Type-C, one USB 3.2 1.0, and two USB 3.0 headers.
- Memory overclocking with XMP 2.0: You may have noticed up to this point that this motherboard has XMP 2.0 overclocking feature. This way, you can enjoy smooth, and excellent memory clock boosts to get the most out of gaming and content creation.
- PCIe 4.0 and M.2 Gen4 SSD: While testing the PCIe 4.0 support and 4th-generation M.2 SSD, we observed impressive SSDs’ data transfer speed. You can also use these expansion options on your computer with this motherboard to increase productivity.
The ASUS Prime B660-Plus is undoubtedly an excellent budget-friendly mid-range gaming motherboard. Therefore, it’s the best motherboard for its price but not performance. Although you can pair an Intel 13th-generation processor, this ATX mobo is recommended only for 12th-generation processors. Remember, it lacks onboard WiFi, so you have to invest some bucks on an external WiFi module and connect using the M.2 Key-E slot.
Brand: ASUS | Series: Prime H600 Plus | Chipset: Intel H670 | Socket: LGA 1700 | Form Factor: ATX | Memory Architecture: Dual-channel | Memory Slots: 4 DDR4 DIMMs | Memory Size: 128GB DDR4 | Memory Speed: 5066 MHz | Onboard WiFi: Not included | Bluetooth: Not included | LAN Ethernet: 2.5GbE LAN chip | SATA ports: 4 SATA3 | Power design: 8 Phase Power Design
REASONS TO BUY
✓ H670 chipset
✓ Even more affordable than some B660 motherboards on the list
✓ Support up to 12GB DDR4 RAM
✓ Excellent audio quality
✓ Good thermal design
REASONS TO AVOID
✗ Lacks WiFi and Bluetooth
✗ Lacks USB 3.2 Gen ports
We have third ASUS motherboard on the list, Prime H670-Plus D4 since it’s one of the best manufacturers that always uses innovative technologies with competitive prices. If we compare this mobo with the Prime B660-Plus D4 on the list, the H670-Plus comes with an H670 chipset, which is evidently a better chipset. Although we imagined a higher price for the H670 chipset, this mother circuit is almost $10 less pricey than the Prime B660-Plus D4 version.
Why should we choose the ASUS Prime H670-Plus D4?
First, the H670-Plus is the best-value ATX motherboard with a better chipset but less price than some B660 motherboards on the list. In addition, the design is attractive with a black and silver combination without too many VRMs popping out. Overall, this is a mid-tier motherboard with good performance, reasonable price, and an excellent 8-phase DIGI+ VRM design. It also has the best DDR4 memory support with a whopping 5066MHz top memory speed.
Some other impressive specifications of this motherboard PC are PCIe 4.0 support, triple M.2 PCIe 4.0 connectors, all-rounder wired connectivity and more. Although there is no onboard WiFi and Bluetooth, you can purchase an external M.2 WiFi card and connect using the M.2 Key-E slot. Moreover, the thermal design is also suitable for such a mobo. There are extended heatsinks, VRM heatsinks, and good-quality thermal pads for heat dissipation.
What benefit does the ASUS Prime H670-Plus D4 give to its users?
- H670 chipset at a lesser price: First, it’s an H670 motherboard which is undoubtedly better than the B660 chipset. But despite having a better and pricey chipset, this motherboard is almost $10 cheaper while providing excellent performance.
- Robust Digi+ VRM design: This motherboard has an 8-phase Digi+ VRM design to provide excellent power to the CPU, GPU, and other components. This VRM design can effectively deal with the power from the power connector.
- Good memory performance: Although the memory specifications are the same as some B660 motherboards, the lesser price makes things different. You can get up to 128GB DDR4 memory support with a whopping 5066MHz top memory speed.
- Crystal-clear audio quality: Another noticeable factor of this motherboard is its excellent audio quality. The Realtek 7.1 Surround Sound High Definition Audio Codec to get the most out of audio. This will enhance your gaming plus make you enjoy multimedia.
The ASUS Prime H670-Plus is undoubtedly the best value-for-money motherboard on the list. Although it has the H670 chipset and better performance than many B660 motherboards on the list, it has a lesser price. Other than that, there are almost no cons to this, but the absence of WiFi and Bluetooth isn’t good news. Moreover, you would have to spend some extra bucks to get these features when buying an M.2 WiFi card to achieve wireless connectivity.
Brand: MSI | Series: MSI ProSeries | Chipset: Intel Z690 | Socket: LGA 1700 | Form Factor: ATX | Memory Architecture: Dual-channel | Memory Slots: 4 DDR5 DIMMs | Memory Size: 128GB DDR5 | Memory Speed: 6400+ MHz | Onboard WiFi: Intel WiFi 6E module | Bluetooth: WiFi 5.2 | LAN Ethernet: Intel I225-V 2.5G LAN | SATA ports: 6 SATA 6Gb/s connectors | Power design: 14+1+1 Digital Phase Power Design
REASONS TO BUY
✓ Competitive pricing
✓ WiFi 6E & Bluetooth 5.2
✓ DDR5-6400 RAM support
✓ PCIe 5.0 x16 graphics interface
✓ Minimalistic aesthetics
✓ All-rounder connectivity
REASONS TO AVOID
✗ No PCIe 5.0 M.2 slot
The MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi motherboard is around the corner with the same Z690-based performance but at a lower entry-level price tag. Although it has a bit less-tier features than the MPG series, it definitely knocks out the MAG gaming-oriented motherboard series. For your information, there are two motherboards in the series with the only difference of $20-30 price and onboard WiFi; the WiFi version comes with the features while the non-WiFi lacks it.
Why should we choose the MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi?
We have tested the MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi and got exceptional performance and overclocking benchmarks. It not only supports the DDR5 RAM with an XMP 2.0 profile for overclocking but also gets the most out of the Intel 12th/13th generation processor quickly. Although we’re recommending it for all the 12th-generation processor versions in this article, this can also perform equally impressive for the 13th-generation unlocked processors.
All the specifications and features of this motherboard are impressive. It has PCIe 5.0 x16 support to run high-end graphics cards, PCIe 4.0 M.2 support for heavy-duty SSD data flow, and USB 3.2 G2x2 Type-C as well. It can accommodate up to 128GB DDR5 RAM and overclock it up to a 6400MHz top memory clock speed. Suppose you’re a gamer or content creator who needs good sound quality. In such a case, this will provide you with such audio.
What benefit does the MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi give to its users?
- 128GB DDR5-6400 memory support: The first thing you’ll notice about this motherboard is its DDR5 support. Now, you can accommodate up to 128GB DDR5 RAM and take the memory clock speed up to 6400MHz for jaw-dropping efficiency.
- PCIe 5.0 x16 graphics interface: The next feature that plays a crucial role to put the MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi on the list is its PCIe 5.0 x16 graphics interface. Pair a high-quality graphics card using this interface and enjoy top-tier graphics performance and speeds.
- WiFi 6E & Bluetooth 5.2: We have seen some motherboards on the list that lack onboard wireless communication. But this has WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2 to connect different peripherals wirelessly and keep your desktop clean and wires-free.
- Eye-catching design and aesthetics: Lastly, you’ll enjoy looking at this masterpiece. It’s built on a 6-layer all-black ATX PCB but breaks the all-black theme with the nice touch of silver strips along the rear panel. Since this is for professionals, there is no RGB.
The MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi is an excellent Z690-based motherboard in the ProSeries with a competitive price. It has onboard WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, 14+1+1 VRM design, PCIe 5.0 x16 graphics interface, etc., for its users. But it has some cons too. First, there is no PCIe 5.0 M.2 slot, which is something we’re assuming with this motherboard. Second, it’s undoubtedly perfect for professional and productive users but not for extreme overclockers.
Intel has recently released its 13th-generation processors to replace the previous 12th Gen processor family. Still, some processors like Intel Core i5-12400 are tough to replace since they have made their place among the users. This processor has a mediocre combination of 6 cores, 12 threads, a 4.4GHz boost clock, and an 18MB Intel Smart Cache. Overall, this is a perfect mid-tier processor for gamers and content creators. Suppose you have the best motherboard for i5 12400 on your PC. In such a case, you can expect excellent performance and efficiency.
Therefore, we have tested several motherboards for this processor but added a few in this post. Suppose you want an all-rounder motherboard with all the features and specifications. In such a case, you must check the ASUS Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi and MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi in the first place. On the other hand, the ASUS Prime H670-Plus D4 is recommended for users looking for the best-value option. Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX and ASRock B660M Phantom Gaming 4 best suit those users who want an affordable motherboard without spending much.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best motherboard for i5 12400?
The MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi is one of the best motherboards for i5 12400. This is because it has several impressive features at a mid-range price. It has DDR5-6400 RAM support, PCIe 5.0 x16 graphics interface, onboard WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, and an attractive minimalistic design. Open this article to read an in-detail review of this fantastic motherboard.
What motherboards support Intel 12th gen?
The motherboard with Intel c600-series chipset supports the Intel 12Th generation processors. For your information, if you have a motherboard with Z690, B660, or H610 chipset, it can support the Intel 12th-generation processors.
How to choose the best motherboard?
You can use a simple set of factors and aspects to choose the best motherboard for you and your computer. You must start by checking the CPU socket according to the processor, motherboard’s chipset, form factor, connectivity options, and some other features too.
How do I overclock my i5 12400F?
Sadly, you can’t overclock the Intel Core i5 12400F since it comes with a locked base multiplier that can’t change the clock speed. Suppose you want an unlocked Intel’s 12th generation processor. You must go for the “K” version in such a case.